incentivising a more sustainable world
Businesses have the power to unlock market forces to energise such a revolution.
The PyTerra Exchange provides the key.
Welcome to the PyTerra Exchange, where local low carbon projects are seed funded through corporate sponsorship.
The PyTerra Exchange is a brokerage, delivery and promotion platform for corporate ESG* sponsorship.
Sponsorship is used to seed fund low carbon and renewable energy projects across cities.
- For corporate sponsors, let the PyTerra Exchange connect your business to your local stakeholder communities and help you build trusted brands through ESG sponsorship.
- For energy solution suppliers, the Exchange will enable you to assemble investment-ready projects, ready to post on the Exchange and access suitable seed funding.
*Environmental, social and corporate governance
Corporate sponsors are increasingly motivated to associate their businesses with ESG activities, especially if they are local to their operations or local to their customers. This enhances their brand, creating trust from customers and confidence from shareholders.
Sponsorship is specifically targeted at decentralised urban projects across local communities to create low carbon systems such as microgrids and installations such as solar PV, air source heat pumps, hydrogen cell boilers, EV charging points and electricity storage.
There is an urgency to roll out such projects at scale if climate change targets are to be met.
Meeting this scale-up requires installations to be aggregated; therefore suppliers need to collaborate and innovate in order to offer viable projects for seed funding.
The Exchange creates the necessary market conditions to incentivise this response.
The Exchange creates value chains comprising investors (ESG-sensitive businesses), suppliers (energy sector businesses, especially SMEs), customers (housing associations, landlords, estate managers, industrials, institutions, etc.) and end users (tenants and occupants).
Using the Exchange, end users (often working with community energy organisations) collaborate with customers to create a strong local drive for solutions. Customers take their needs to the solution supplier market to form a powerful demand-side position which creates an attractive sponsorship proposition for investors. Both suppliers and investors can create and post their own customised ESG sponsorship packages on the Exchange.
End users benefit directly from the sponsorship of new ESG infrastructure development, receiving lower energy bills and more resilient energy supplies, but ultimately becoming part of a community which is more resilient to climate change.
Corporate sponsors therefore create an indirect link with end users and their communities. For them, they are able to promote their products and services within these communities. They can enhance their social licence to operate. They can offset their own carbon footprint. And they can show they are helping to create a better world, to their staff, their partners, their supply chains, their regulators, their shareholders and their customers.
The Exchange does two things which are especially different to traditional funding routes:
- The Exchange uses sponsorship to seed fund projects, closing the affordability gap and incentivising development which otherwise would not take place. This, either by itself or when used as part of a blended finance approach, leverages value from the market. For sponsors, this means their contribution has a significant multiplier effect with which they can then be associated, delivering a valuable marketing impact which would be difficult to replicate through other means.
- Funding is paid direct to suppliers rather than used to subsidise the customer. This offers a more manageable route, provides investment into local UK businesses, creates jobs, enables smaller businesses to raise finance, and avoids the funds being used to purchase low cost imports. The latter saves on the carbon impact of shipping, reduces waste resulting from poor quality imports, avoids loss of performance from cheap products, and mitigates exploitation of overseas workers.
To receive a free copy of the PyTerra brochure, just fill out the form below and press Submit.
* All fields need to be completed